I’m sure most of you have seen what is a Rack Card before, and if you haven’t then congratulations on reading this article. They are small cards that describe the product or service being offered by the business or organization in some way, usually along with their contact information.
In fact, it’s not uncommon to find them in stores and restaurants next to the product itself as an easy way to catch people’s attention. But where did these standard-sized, custom-designed cards come from, and why do they work so well?
The Standard Size
A rack card size is generally a 4 x 9 in that can be used to promote anything from a business’s offerings to upcoming events.
There are also some uncommonly requested sizes such as 9 x 7.875 in and 9 x 11.875 in.
Its size makes it ideal for placement in racks and standing holders, which can serve as one of many easy ways to design rack cards and add QR codes to potential customers to market your products or services.
Tips on Designing Great Rack Cards
- Rack cards are individually printed pieces of advertising material usually used in retail stores. The term rack comes from where they are typically displayed, such as a shelf or a rack.
- A rack card is often referred to as an advertisement in print because it can have many functions depending on how it’s designed and who receives it and a call to action will encourage clients to go from website to business.
- Rack cards often contain detailed information about products or services offered by businesses with prices and contact information included for easy reference. A good graphic design can boost your card.
How to use them
Rack cards (sometimes referred to as postcards, brochures, or business cards) are actually all three. The cardstock piece of paper works great in both static and dynamic environments; giving you an opportunity to connect with your audience in different ways.
A good rack card design allows for multiple reads without being overly cluttered, so don’t forget to include key points about your product or service.
4 Essentials for Effective Rack Cards
- It’s smaller than an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, but it still has all of your contact information and can be used for marketing purposes.
- Here are four things you need to know about designing effective rack cards:
- Use eye-catching images: Images help grab attention so make sure that you choose ones that will capture attention quickly (but not too quickly).
- Include social media handles: Make sure that your social media handles and links are clearly visible on your card so that customers can connect with you via social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
Full Color Wholesale Rack Card Printing
What’s so great about them? If you haven’t heard about rack cards, don’t worry. You’re not alone. However, if you do any sort of wholesale business, you need to know about them, because they are simply one of those must-have tools for marketing and advertising your business professionally designed.
They are useful, versatile, and inexpensive. Let’s take a look at some of their great features:
It’s hard to believe that something so small can be so effective. But that’s what makes these little cards so appealing – they’re affordable, easy to make, and easy to distribute in convenience stores!
But just because they’re small doesn’t mean there aren’t multiple ways you can use them in your business. In fact, there are plenty of options available when it comes to Rack Cards Printing. Here’s how:
Direct Mailing – Whether it's direct mail or postcards (which many people consider rack card lite), mailing out these little guys is an excellent way to get more bang for your buck on marketing dollars spent!
If you have questions about what rack card size is right for you, or if you need any help creating a professional design simply feel free to reach out to us at 267-300-0003 and we’ll help you with all of your custom printing needs!